Valentine’s Shirt Dress and Date Night Ideas That Won’t Break the Bank
Happy ooey-gooey-hearts-day! This Valentine’s Day I’ve got the cutest pink and red shirt dress to share with y’all, plus I’ve compiled my favorite date night ideas that are virtually FREE!
I love a good shirt dress—they’re easy to dress up or down and look so casual chic in any setting. This particular dress from ASOS came in the mail and I was so excited to style it! Pink and red is one of my favorite color combos and I wear it year around. You’ll be seeing this beauty a lot more come spring and summer, so I may dedicate a blog post to styling this one multiple ways!
This year, with wedding planning and honeymoon booking, Dakota and I decided not to do anything extravagant for Valentine’s Day in order to save money. Some of you may be in that boat or just out of ideas! Nevertheless, here are some of my favorite cost-effective date night ideas:
- Build a fort in the living room and watch a movie.
- Volunteer at a local soup kitchen or animal shelter.
- Write positive, encouraging messages on Post-It notes and stick them in different places all throughout your city!
- Head to your local thrift shop. You each have $5 to create an outrageous outfit for the other person. Bonus: wear your ensemble out to dinner or a movie!
- Drive around and look at houses.
- Take a walk in the park or through downtown.
- Have a bake-off in the kitchen.
- Explore your local museums (most of the time, admission is free!)
- Each make a list of your top 10 movies and make a plan to watch any you haven’t seen together!
- Decorate cookies and gift them to a local children’s hospital or a nearby police/fire department.
- Write down your bucket lists.
- Hit up your local farmers market!
- Double date with friends to a drive-in movie theater.
- Host a game night together.
- Go apple picking! (sub blueberries, strawberries, etc.)
- Research upcoming festivals and make a plan to go to the weirdest one you can find.
I hope your Valentine’s Day is filled with love and appreciation! Sometimes it’s in the smallest, simplest acts that we find the greatest joy and fulfillment with our signficant other. As for us, we’re ordering a pizza and finding a new show to watch! No shame.
If you have any other date night ideas, drop me a comment! I would love to add to this list!